[Sca-cooks] Medieval and/or Middle Eastern Recipies containingTomatoes

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun May 15 11:43:18 PDT 2005

> Ok, so I got a *little* snotty there, but I was trying to be good :)
> Thanks for the link, Regina.  The footnote that showed it was the source of
> that Russian study didn't have a link, it was from Science.  I'd like to see
> what the author actually said before I start quoting back.

I have it but the point of item #2 is basically that: "a center of
diversity is not the same as a center of orgin".

But for Kinjal's argument, it's useless.

> Actually, I
> think I probably won't get that deep into it, I doubt this fellow has any
> real hard evidence.

He/she is also on the SIG list; I'm wondering if he/she is getting the
issue of the tomato mixed up with the gourd? Over and over again, the
logic appears to be correct involving gourds and completely unsupported
for tomatoes.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The only antidote to a shallow knowledge of history is a deeper
knowledge, the knowledge which produces not dogmatic certitude but
diagnostic skill, not clairvoyance but insight."
	-- Arthur M. Schlessinger, Jr.