Fw: [Sca-cooks] FW: Turkish Recipe

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Mon May 16 02:08:59 PDT 2005

Am Montag, 16. Mai 2005 02:10 schrieb Phlip:
> I asked Paul Buell, just passing him the reference to the philosopher, and
> here's what he had to say:

> (Paul)
>
> > VERY famous. He wrote a dietary manual.

Does anyone know if this has been translated?

Incidentally, I just ordered a translation of some of his poems (food--related
ones figure prominently in this one, according to the blurb) and the Amazon
website lists three reviews. They begin:

"America's best-selling poet, 14th century Sufi bard..."

"America's bestselling poet, 13th century Sufi bard..."

"In the form of an anthology, this translation brings together
translations ... of the poetry of the 12th century Persian mystic..."

If he wrote a dietary manual I want it. Think about it, 300 years.... ;)

Giano