[Sca-cooks] Medieval and/or Middle Eastern Recipies containingTomatoes

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon May 16 15:00:44 PDT 2005

I always meant to write to Fitzgibbon and ask her what her source was
for the difference in the entries, but I never got around to it before
she died. Today
with e-mail and more addresses available, it's much easier to write to
authors and just ask. I do tend discount what 1421 says, although I have to
admit that I rather like the volume that says Marco Polo never went to China
that came out several years ago. (Did Marco Polo Go to China? by Frances
Wood)
It neatly resolves some of those food problems with Polo.

Johnnae