[Sca-cooks] cakes

KristiWhyKelly at aol.com KristiWhyKelly at aol.com
Tue May 17 06:10:44 PDT 2005

Have you seen  the recipe for carrot pudding in John Evelyn's book  _Cook_?

 #221 A Carrot Pudding

Take a topeny#loafe grate it halfe this quantity of Carots grated being
first scraped 6 Eggs leave out 3 whites one pint of new milk half a pound of
Butter neere halfe a pound of sugar a little salt some grated Nutmeg mingle all
well together butter a pann putit in bake it well.

I can post my redaction if you are interested.

The pudding turns out very much like a dense coffee cake.  I was  thinking of
posting a question of adding raisens to the recipe on this  list.

Grace

In a message dated 5/15/2005 2:45:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,