[Sca-cooks] Guinea Fowl

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue May 17 18:52:04 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> A Guinea Cock's alarm call is on a par with a peacock's, only louder.
>

> Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>  They roost in trees and make an ungodly sound that will shut up
> any junkyard dog. Cariad a heddwch (love and peace)

A lot of people use them as guard critters- I believe either the Chinese, or
the Japanese, or both have used them historically for that purpose. Once
they determine their territory, woe betide any trespassers- if you team them
with geese, the trespasser is named and attacked ;-)

If I ever get my own place again, I intend to have both geese and guineas-
they're interesting birds ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.