[Sca-cooks] Arugula

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri May 20 04:37:29 PDT 2005

No, I didn't like it raw, it was hot and bitter, two flavors that aren't my
favorites.  Sauteed with garlic in olive oil, and then sprinkled with
tamari, it was wonderful, and I'm sorry I split the bag unevenly when I
divided up my box with my friend. :)
Christianna

That reminds me- I believe you mentioned arugala as one of the items you
were having difficulty consuming.

If you want it raw, make it a part of assorted salad greens, rather than
serving it on its own.

Also, it does very well as a substitute for spinach, in the standard wilted
spinach/bacon salad. A quick stir-fry mellows out the bitiness considerably.

Saint Phlip,
CoD