[Sca-cooks] English Doctors want to ban pointy knives...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue May 31 17:38:17 PDT 2005

She didn't specify human-on-human violence, just violence.  And taking
the life of an animal would certainly qualify, especially from the
animal's point of view.  The end result might be food for someone or
something, but the inbetween parts are hardly non-violent.
And before I get every gun-rights activist coming out of the woods to
flame me, I should point out that I'm an omnivore like most of my
species, and grew up in a hunting/fishing family, took Hunters' Safety
when I was 13, etc., etc.  Heck, I even own a gun, even if I never
intend to use it....
--maire, who notes that our pre-gun ancestors managed to get game
without them just fine, and who also notes that people can eat lots of
things besides meat.....