[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 30, Issue 24

cldyroz at aol.com cldyroz at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 10:10:16 PST 2005

 The original does call for the oil, but it says that butter can be used, if you prefer.
The oil I used was plain sesame seed oil, not the oriental, which is toasted. Publix, the grocery store, divides most of its 'ethnic' foods into the different contries of origin, so it was easy to find. Not cheap, but easy to find. <G>.
when I was molding the cabobs, i kept the mixture stirred up, because I did see a tendency for the oil to go to the bottom. That may be why the ones towards the end were almost dripping in oil.
BTW-the mold I used is a tablespoon scoop I bought from the Pampered Chef line. It does turn out all sorts of stuff quickly and cleanly. (When the boss is selling, you have to buy something, so you might as well buy something useful <G>)

I do not like heavy, oily foods. That is why I am wondering if I got it right. Of course, it may not be heavy to another person.

::sigh:: Sometimes, I wish we could have a way to give out samples....

Helen

From: "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
    <adamantius.magister at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Hais report

If/when you used sesame oil, was it the toasted or untoasted-seed
variety? This would make a pretty dramatic difference in the flavor.

I assume that, if the original calls for sesame oil, there's a good
chance they liked the flavor that way. It only remains to be explored
why your experience was different. Which, I of course realize, is
what you're doing...

Adamantius