[Sca-cooks] asparagus

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 16:54:00 PST 2005

Helen commented:
 > I have been searching high and low for one that will get
 > eaten, not starred at with an "Eww, what's this?" I know everyone
 > loves asparagus...

Ummm. No they don't. But then my wife does like that stuff and I can
usually trade any asparagus for any fruit or lamb or rice pudding or
something else she gets. :-)

For those looking for period asparagus recipes, there are some in
this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the Florilegium:
asparagus-msg     (29K)  1/22/05    Period asparagus and asparagus
recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas