[Sca-cooks] Vivat to Petru

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Nov 1 11:05:16 PST 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Micaylah wrote:

>> Yes, it's the more or less the armigerous, Kingdom-level counterpart
>> to the Pelican in the East Kingdom. Great work, Petru!
>>
>> Adamantius
>>

> I beg your indulgence here, but this is not exactly exact (unless I am
> reading you wrong).  I was at the event where Petru got this award.
> Afterwards at Feast, I was discussing where on the totem pole this
> award
> sits as I am from Ealdormere. It is not a peerage award but one
> level below.
> I equated it with our grant level awards of the Wain (for service)
> and the
> Crucible (A&S), one step below the Pelican and the Laurel.

It depends on where one's steps are located. For a long time Grant-
level awards were virtually non-existent in the East. Sometimes
grants were given with Court Baronies, sometimes not. Our Kingdom-
level awards confer arms on those who don't already have them, but
don't grant or patent them. Elevation to the Order of the Silver
Crescent is for service, as with the Pelican (hence my comparison),
but it is technically an Order of High Merit. Service to the Kingdom,
but with no grant or patent of arms.

> And then again I may have dreamt this. lol

If so, you're in pretty good company ;-).

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04