[Sca-cooks] Cooking Nightmare

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 2 08:44:14 PST 2005

> .... When I got back, the waiting people were
>gone and there was a whole different group of people (still from my
>group tho) sitting beneath the cooking pavillion. Only they had
>completely dissassembled the Kitchen. They were sitting at tables
>under the pavillion playing some sort of game.
>
>When I asked what the heck was going on the response was that this was
>a communal pavillion for the camp and they had decided that they
>wanted it to be a game tent and the food would have to go elsewhere.
>
>The end of the dream was me getting up on a chair and trying to
>explain (very loudly) that no, this was not a communal tent and that
>it was only for cooking and that I needed to finish dinner.
>
>And then I woke up.
>
>ARRRRRGH
>
>Serena da Riva

Good thing it was only a dream.  Who in their right mind messes with the
cooks?  We are the only ones who get to use Sharp Live Steel at events!
 [Don't start in about calligraphers and their pen-knives.  I laugh.  A
ten-inch Dick or a one-inch prick?]  < large feral grin, with teeth>

I had a nightmare two nights ago, also SCA/cook oriented.  I was at a
large indoor event, like a Twelfth Night, only nobody would allow me to
participate in any activities, dismissing me with patronizing attitudes,
and I wandered disconsolately, looking for a painless way to commit
suicide instead.  I had just found the kitchen's walk-in freezer after
the feast was done and was about to settle down to a relatively
comfortable freeze-to-death... when the alarm went off.  Whew.  I'm
chalking it up to PMS because my waking life has nothing else in it to
suggest so dark a scenario, things have been looking up steadily actually.

Selene