[Sca-cooks] OOP - bake sale advice

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 2 12:50:39 PST 2005

Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:37:07 -0800
>  Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> Maybe some favorites of the patient?  Nice personal touch.
>

> i was definitely thinking of that.  and some splenda stuff.   anyone
> have ideas on small, more savory things? i was thinking breadsticks or
> pretzels...

Mmmm, good idea.  Just take plain white bread dough, roll it out thin
and form rods or pretzels, brush with beaten egg or whole milk, sprinkle
on kosher salt and maybe spices.  Poppy seeds, Sesame seeds, if you can
get them Nigella seeds are very nice too.  Easy peasy.

If you have someone there who is really a crazed weasel, get a propane
stove and an oil kettle and do rosettes or churros live and fresh.  Can
be sweet or savory depending on what you sprinkle on.  The smell of hot
oil is seductive as hell!  No, I do NOT play fair with people's
appetites.  Bwahahaha.

Selene