[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Adventures with Sugar plate (very

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:30:15 PST 2005

Well, mainly I wrote with comedic value, but it was pretty annoying. You are
right, it must be some gum paste.

I would think mixing the ingredients into the mix would be the correct thing
but
I was following the period example and it said to sprinkle the cinnamon and
ginger
powder on after they had been rolled out.

I don't have any of the offending mass left. After a dozen unfortunate
looking
sticks I tossed the blob into the garbage. But there wasn't much left.

And I'm not sure how well my Angel's Food cheese spread is coming out
either.
I just can't find the taste I like. I finally made homemade cheese and it is
the
consistancy of cream cheese, but I'm still not happy with it.

What is the source for the Angel's Food recipe anyway?  I need to look that
up.

Other dishes I'm displaying are Boar in Comfit (ham with a glaze of white
wine,
honey, ginger and rose water), a custard with rose water, a cinnamon tart,
two rose liquers one with brandy and one with rum, the Angel's food and
those
damned cinnamon sticks.

I don't have the time to remake them so I'll display them as a learning
tool.

Gunthar