[Sca-cooks] "Hell's Kitchen" casting call

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 8 22:55:48 PST 2005

Count Gunthar commented:
> > Here's hoping you get a call back.
> > So what will you do if your picked?
> >
> > Lyse
>
> Hon, like I say about winning Crown again,
> I'll worry about that when the pointy hat
> is on my head.   :-)

Well, I think some folks entering Crown ought to think a little bit
more about what happens if they win it, before they enter. You, at
least, have the benefit of having been through it once. Some folks
seem to get caught up in it and forget that winning can be a life-
changing event, in both good and bad ways. I've tried to put some of
this in this file, although it is questionable how many Crown entries
have actually read it:
crown-cost-msg    (24K)  4/20/00    The monetary and other costs of
being a
                                        crown in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/crown-cost-msg.html

Of course if any of you are past Crowns and would like to add your
prospective to this, I'd love to have it.

I'm reminded that Duke Inman in one Crown Tournament had told his
consort that she didn't have to worry about being Queen again, that
he was simply entering Crown to make sure a certain person was
eliminated. They had already both sat Crown at least twice already.
Duke Inman has been known in Ansteorra as the "Once and Every Other
King". Well, Inman accomplished his goal, but high on adrenalin, he
didn't withdraw. Or lose. I was told his consort was none too happy.

So Gunthar, think about it ahead of time. I think you'd make a
wonderful King again. Don't Count yourself out, yet. :-)  And oh yes,
the points on the pointy hat go up. :-)

>  Right now I may as well talk about what I'll
> do when I win the lottery.

I think your chances of winning Crown are much better.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com