[Sca-cooks] Seeking Cheesemonger

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 10:41:03 PST 2005

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 11/10/2005 12:18:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>wildecelery at aol.com writes:
>
><<About five years ago, I took a cheesemaking class at  Pennsic.  The
>handout is currently missing somewhere... the only thing  that I
>remember, besides the basic directions, is that the instructor had
>Cheesemonger as part of his name.   Is there anyone out there who  took
>the class and still has their handout and/or anyone who has the
>instructor's contact information?>>
>
>I didn't take the class, but it may have been Jakys the Cheesemonger.   I
>don't have contact info for him, though.  I think he may be somewhere in  the
>northern East Kingdom...
>
>Brangwayna
>Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

IIRC, Countess Alys Katherine was in charge of the classes at Pennsic at
that time.  You might ask her if she has any records from that year...I
believe she collected contact information about most instructors,
especially if we registered to teach ahead of time.  I know this isn't a
whole lot of help, but maybe it might put you on the right track,
especially now that you have a possible SCA name.

Kiri