[Sca-cooks] Apple cider

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 07:28:06 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:54:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:

I asked  a couple of them if I could get hold of some before they
pasturized it and  was told that it is against the law (at least in
Maryland) to sell it that  way.

The stuff I get in North Carolina isn't pasteurized. Of course, I get  it
straight from the orchard.AND, while I'd have to check this, I believe you  can
get unpasteurized milk from the farmer. You may have to tell him it's to  feed
dogs or pigs, but you can get it. Of course, I live here in old backwards
South Carolina too. <G>

Even pasteurized cider can usually be hardened, just open it and let the  air
(and the wild yeasty beasties) in. They can't outlaw the actions of wild
yeasts...

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will  annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
--Herm  Albright