[Sca-cooks] Apple cider

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Nov 13 21:54:59 PST 2005

> You're very lucky, then.  Even the local farmers pasturize their cider.
> I asked a couple of them if I could get hold of some before they
> pasturized it and was told that it is against the law (at least in
> Maryland) to sell it that way.  sigh.

As long as there are no preservatives in it, pasteurized cider will
ferment. You may want to open the jug, pour yourself a glass, and squish
the bottle as you close it, then put it in the back of the fridge-- this
works with amazing consistency for me.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase