[Sca-cooks] Armored Turnips, was OT: Frying Cheese

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 14 05:51:28 PST 2005

Well...for two reasons.  Firstly, that's what Bish's original recipe told me to do.  And I always ;-) follow what Bish says to do.  Secondly, I found that different sized turnips take different amounts of time to cook...by peeling and slicing them first, I don't run into that problem.  And thirdly (I know, I said there were two...but I forgot this one...) I have found that I can get them drier after cooking if they are sliced...I layer them between sheets of paper towel to soak up as much water as possible.

Kiri