[Sca-cooks] Math time for feast Prep

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 16 15:03:14 PST 2005

cldyroz at aol.com wrote:
>  Asparagus (canned-fresh is cost prohibitive)

First, canned asparagus is nasty, slimy, stringy, olive green...
eeew. I wouldn't serve it to my enemies.

Second, why serve asparagus at this time of year? Why not buy
seasonal vegetables?

I'm live in fresh produce paradise and asparagus is not affordable in
November or December.  There's usually really good, really reasonably
priced asparagus in September, but that's the last hurrah, and it's
locally grown.

When i cook a feast, i look for recipes featuring seasonal produce.
There are plenty of other good seasonal vegetables available in
November - especially, but not limited to root vegetables - and fresh
greens should be affordable.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita