[Sca-cooks] Well, I suppose I should be thankful...

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Fri Nov 18 12:55:13 PST 2005

I just washed out of the Cholesterol testing I was doing- I'm too healthy.

What happened is, my Dr had told me I had high cholesterol, so I mentioned it
on one of my surveys. Got contacted by a company, Pfizer, who want to test a
new cholesterol drug. They put me on a diet, and I was to go to 8
appointments, first 3 of which were essentially screening, last 5 of which
you were on the drug or placebo. They also pay you so much per appointment.

I was to go on the drug next Tuesday- today they called me to tell me I don't
qualify...

Oh well.

I suppose I ought to look on the bright side- I just got a bunch of normally
expensive tests done for free, including pretty complete blood work, and an
EKG, but I'm still a bit bummed- I was finding the whole thing rather
interesting- and, of course, I could use the money...

And, I can pig out on T'day, without worrying about what my cholesterol's
doing ;-) But guilt's half the fun ;-(

Saint Phlip, apparently unlikely to be translated Heavenwards any time soon...