[Sca-cooks] Seeds and chestnuts (was Re: It's over ... and what I would do differently)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Nov 23 07:40:01 PST 2005

> God of the underworld is Hades (Gk) or Pluto (Rm).
> Ceres (Gk)- Demeter (Rm)

Actually, you have them confused. Ceres was the roman goddess of the
Grain; Demeter was the Greek grain/vegetation goddess (the  Eleusinian
Mysteries were a cult dedicated to Persephone and Demeter).

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase