[Sca-cooks] FW: [MellowBellies] Current Status of Trader Joe's Coming to Atlanta Area

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 6 20:43:55 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: mellowbellies at yahoogroups.com [mailto:mellowbellies at yahoogroups.com]On
Behalf Of lindazfgram
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 12:46 PM
To: mellowbellies at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MellowBellies] Current Status of Trader Joe's Coming to Atlanta
Area

Hi,

I finally got through to someone in Customer Service in Trader Joe's
East Coast corporate offices in MA.  They are definitely planning to
open a store somewhere in the Atlanta area in 2006  They will service
it from their warehouse in Illinois-probably see how it goes and then
look for a place to build a warehouse in the South.  Of course,
northern GA would be perfect for that.

TJ's is a totally privately owned corporation and really knows how to
expand, and they already know that many people in Atlanta area want
them to come here.  My daughter and I have been calling them
periodically for five years.  Their real estate people are scouting
locations, and I'm sure they are quite capable at looking at sites,
marketing and demographic data, etc.  They know what they want, and I
don't think a lot of calls from people who want them will make a
difference--nor would anyone who has land, vacant property or a
specific site to sell them.

I did put in a strong pitch for coming to Grant Park-Ormewood Park-
East Atlanta area with cheaper land/sites, inside the perimeter,
centrally located, lots of eager customers, etc.  I don't know Atlanta
area yet as well as many of you do, but I'd guess they also are
looking at places like Decatur, Sandy Springs, Buckhead, perhaps even
Athens.

One thing that might work would be to get to Carla Smith to call them
and perhaps invite TJ people to meet with her and reps of various
homeowners associations, Mellow Bellies, etc.  I'd be happy to work
on that with any others who might be interested.

Linda Fishman

Be radical.  Eat local.

culture of china
      Corporate culture training  Grant park and real estate  Grant park
real estate