[Sca-cooks] ovens

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 6 21:53:32 PDT 2005

Phlip asked:
> Actually, though, we're discussing doing the cooking using the
> techniques and facilities they had at the time, or a reasonable
> approximation. Anybody got a design handy for one of the period
> style outside ovens? The ones made essentially from earth?

For Europe? Made with just dirt? Or with stone and brick, as well?

Do general descriptions and references work? Or are you looking for
drawings with exact measurements and such?

ovens-msg        (100K)  3/26/05    Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/ovens-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas