[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 29, Issue 34

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Sat Oct 15 19:34:31 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/14/2005 12:20:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> Do we know when tea came into use in the Middle East? I can't think
> of period references, although given the close ties between the
> Ilkhans and the mongol rulers of China, it doesn't seem impossible.

I do hate to interrupt your very interesting and educational debate on the
matter of Tea, but, I do feel the need to interject something.
Milo's Sweet Tea is a highly addictive substance sold by a fast food place
popular here in the South. (I love it, too, I just can't have it very often-too
much sugar!)
 Her Majesty is not the first Queen we have had to claim it as her favorite
beverage. I well remember helping another Queen's entourage in our past buy out
various grocery stores to load up her coolers for Pennsic...that and Diet
Pepsi.
This present Queen has also expressed an admiration for European dark beers.
But, I am not a brewer and it is NOT good to get the Queen Tidlly before
various meetings and Court....;)

thank you!!!

Helen
All according to Her Majesty's Tastes....