[Sca-cooks] Rice in a roaster?

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 17:55:35 PDT 2005

> Mairi Ceilidh wrote:
>
> >The only time this did not work for me was at a recent feast (someone
else
> >was actually doing it).  I think we cooked thet #%$& rice for two days.
It
> >never did come out right.  Only time in fifty-(mumble) years I've had
rice
> >fail.
> >

> Might have been an oven with a dicky thermostat?
>
> --
> Adele de Maisieres

Maybe, but I don't recall having trouble with anything else cooking wonkie
in those ovens that weekend.  And we cooked for three and a half days pretty
solid.  Nope, I think it was my slap-down for being so danged cocky about
doing two feasts for 250 in one weekend (plus breakfasts and lunchs).
Somebody should'a shot me.

Mairi Ceilidh, who only has two more feasts on the schedule for this
calendar year, PTL