[Sca-cooks] Turkish food, continued...

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 10 17:58:37 PDT 2005

Source: Stephane Yerasimos: 'À la table du Grand Turc'. ISBN 27427 34430.

The original is from Mehmed bin Mahmoud Chirvânî, kept in the Süleymaniye
Central Library according to Yerasimos (but no MS given). I went through the
accompanying study quickly, but there are not a lot more information.

To keep in the blanc manger filiation, there is mention of a dish served
during celebrations in 1539 which involved sugar, almond, butter and rice
(in weight proportions of 1, 1, 2, 5 respectively - this is mentioned at
page 70 of Yerasimos' text).

Petru