[Sca-cooks] Seekin Recipe ideas

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 11 22:55:32 PDT 2005

Ardenia asked:
> The Student Groups at dartmouth College is hosting a small feast 20-40
> poeple on Novemeber 12.  The feastocrat is hoping to do a Christmas or
> Yulke theme... does anyone have simple recipes with solid
> documentation
> that are inexpensive to prepare, easy to find the ingredients for,
> and
> simple to vary the quantity on?

Perhaps these files might be of use?
wassail-msg       (25K)  4/30/01    Spiced cider and ale drinks.
Traditions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/wassail-msg.html
Sugarplums-art    (19K)  7/15/98    "Visions of Sugarplums" by Mistress
                                        Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Sugarplums-art.html

I think the pudding that most folks think of as "Christmas Pudding"
is actually Victorian, but...
puddings-msg      (99K) 11/22/04    Medieval puddings. Recipes.
Custards.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/puddings-msg.html
bread-pudding-msg  (7K)  3/23/05    Period bread pudding.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/bread-pudding-msg.html

While not specifically on food, perhaps these would be of use to the
Student Groups as well:
Holiday-Celeb-lnks (13K) 12/23/04   Links to medieval holiday
celebrations
                                        by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CELEBRATIONS/Holiday-Celeb-lnks.html
Yule-msg          (26K)  6/27/05    Yule celebrations.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CELEBRATIONS/Yule-msg.html
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com