[Sca-cooks] Middle-Eastern 'Nibbles'?

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:49:28 PDT 2005

His version is quite dry but very tasty.  Mine is more soft and I have been
told "you got it right".  Dry is great if you want to store them.  I want to
enjoy them now.  Simply use fresh bread crumbs and the moist dates from the
local grocery store and I think butter is far better than the sesame oil
having tried both. I roll the cabobs (size/shape of a date) in superfine
sugar.   This recipe was my first attempt in a cooking competition.  It was
for snack foods and was judged along with the brewing competition.  I took
the Silver Spoon.  This would make a great addition to a 'nibbles' tray,
garnished with whole almonds and pistachios.

Katira al-Maghrebiyya