[Sca-cooks] bottle gourds

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 17 21:55:14 PDT 2005

Morgana asked:
> So I acquired these little gourds.  They were part of the table
> decorations at my niece's wedding so I can't say what kind of gourd
> they really are.
>
> Now, anyone know how best to make them into flasks?
>
> And, yes it was a nice wedding.  Sunny and 80 degree weather in
> Nebraska in mid October.

Try this article in the MEDIEVAL-LIFE section of the Florilegium:
Gram-Letter2-art  (12K) 12/14/01    "On the Obtaining and Preparation
of a Water
                                         Gourd" by Lady Shara of
Starwood.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/MEDIEVAL-LIFE/Gram-Letter2-art.html

It's part of a fictional story Lady Shara wrote for a series of local
newsletters, but the techniques described are things she has done.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com