[Sca-cooks] fish pie, was canned salmon

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:42:27 PDT 2005

We have served fish pie, using the Star-gazey pie recipe.  for the first one
we used the whole fish with the little heads sticking out and the crust
beautifully decorated.  It was just for High Table at a Crown Tourney we
hosted a few years back.  (now) Duchess Mary Grace was so thrilled with this
dish she stole the pie for herself and came asking in the kitchen for the
recipe.  Since then we have offered the fish pie in a slightly different
format, using fish fillets wrapped in bacon with a whole clove serving as an
"eye".  This one we served at the most recent Crown Tourney we hosted.  For
years we never thought they would eat any fish except gravlox, then we
learned they would eat fish pie!
Olwen