[Sca-cooks]Food exhibits

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 15:28:03 PDT 2005

Hi all.

I just came back from a food and wine expo (my husband works for one of the
sponsors (press), so I volunteered and got in free....), where I got to meet
Tyler Florence- Food 911.

Nice guy.. Food is good. Recipes that can work with people who can't boil
water without burning it.

My only complaint was that he kept touching his hair while he was rolling
out the pasta.....
(He made pasta puttanesca)

On the other hand, a local up and coming chef, Peter Kelly (
Xavier's,Freelance cafe, and X's in NY) was very impressive with his seared
duck breast and pomegranate molasses over curried couscous.

I grabbed the recipe's for both if anyone wants them.

Food expo's are cool....

Andrea MacIntyre
"stuffed with Chantelle mushroom ravioli's with truffle cream sauce"

*From the very core of our being we desire contentment.  For harmony each
individual's identity must be fully respected.
~ Dalai Lama

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be."
~ Socrates