[Sca-cooks] Sixteen Steps to Build an SCA Cooks Campfire

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 24 09:02:15 PDT 2005

 Three things to avoid when lighting fires:
 Lighting fires while being watched
 Lighting fires with the local idiot
 Lighting fires without checking the local fire department.

1. The more people watching the more often your attempts will fail. This is
usually followed by Light match light. #$%#@ light $%^%(*&&_*(*& matches.
Along with varying degrees of proper pronouns expressing individual tastes
and points of argument.
 2. Idiots are people who think gasoline soaked wood is a good standard fire
starter. Exciting maybe, desirable by the majority of campers not. Tents are
flammable to, and the fire ball has to land some where.
3. Having the fire department show up at your event is most  disconcerting.
As you watch the supper you have been working on getting covered in fluids
best suited to the job of extinguishing your hard won victory over Murphy's
laws.
 Da