[Sca-cooks] Using fresh pumpkin instead of canned in a recipe?

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Fri Oct 28 07:27:04 PDT 2005

At 02:39 PM 10/28/05, Irmgart wrote:
>Spoon tease!!!
>But tell me more about the curry soup? that sounds *just right* for the
>Halloween dinner we're having Monday!

Um, not deliberately spoon teasing, promise - I just don't tend to cook
things like soup from a recipe. Make normal soup - onions, butternut
pieces, chicken stock, but add a tsp or so of curry powder to onions while
browning.  Or, if you're not a curry-powder-using life form, a bit of
chopped garlic and ginger, ground cumin, coriander, whatever.  You want a
reasonably subtle spiciness or it overpowers the butternut flavour.  I
dunno, experiment :>.

JdH

Baroness Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) - cook, herald, musician,
whatever
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
A wonderful bird is the Pelican, / His beak can hold more than his belly can.
He can hold in his beak enough food for a week,
and I'm damned if I see how the hell he can.  (Spike Milligan)