[Sca-cooks] charcut

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 19:31:13 PDT 2005

Stefan li Rous wrote:
>> Eibhlin, who is a cheesemonger and corp. buyer of
Yes, charcut. was me shortening the word
"charcuterie".  It encompases preserved meats
(prosciutto, salamies, smoked fish, etc.), olives,
pates, caviar, and other foods of that ilk.  It's
usually referred to as "char" in the buying world, but
I couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell
charcuterie in my original message (every iteration I
came up with looked wrong) - so shortened it.

Eibhlin

>> cheese and charcut. in real life.  ;)
>

> What is "charcut"? A type of processed meat or
sausage?

I believe that's short for "charcuterie"-- ie
smallgoods, processed
meats in general.

--
Adele de Maisieres