[Sca-cooks] Looking for further info on the Feast of Unicorn last November.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 22:01:07 PDT 2005

Last night I started editing this message to create a Florilegium
file about this "Feast of the Unicorn" cooked by Lord Nichola:
> Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:42:21 -0500
> From: kattratt <kattratt at charter.net>
>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Feast Report for Feast of Unicorn My first feast
>
> To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>

> My apologies that there are NO PHOTOS for this email nor for this
>
> event.... sorry Lady Olwen but I didn't even think about the camera
> the
>
> day of... Yes it was there.... but we were way to busy....
>
> So here are a couple 1000 words.....
>

> The event was Feast of Unicorn in Atlantia.  It was supposed to be a
>
> nice quite little event for the local group.  Not my local group mind
>
> you but close by and at least in the same Barony/State...And then King
>
> Janos got involved.... hehehe....
<snip>
> Finally we did all of that with a field kitchen, my own personal
>
> freezer, and my work refridgerators and freezers...
And down near the end of the original message he says:
> I will report what I learned tomorrow.... (Trust me there was a lot
> learned...)

But I don't see any further report in my files, nor in the next two
months which I checked in the SCA-Cooks archives. Nichola, did you
end up writing a further report which I've missed somewhere? If this
didn't get written, would you be willing to write something up for me
to add to this article? Or have all the various details now slipped
from your mind? I do hear that the reason women are willing to have
another baby is something like this sets in. And after a few years
they have forgotten what it was like and are willing to do it again. :-)

Also, I had it down as the "Feast of the Unicorn", but I see you
referring to it here as the "Feast of Unicorn". And a description of
where the feast was held might be nice for folks outside of the
kingdom, as well as your full name and title, so you get proper
credit for this feast.

Thanks,
Stefan
--------