[Sca-cooks] crabapples

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 22:14:45 PDT 2005

Sandra asked:
> How do you make verjuice from crabapples?  I might actually have
> enough
> this year to harvest, and don't have any recipes (not even for
> crabapple
> jelly!).

I think you can find directions for making verjuice from crabapples
in this Florilegium file, or at least references to period commentary
on doing this.
verjuice-msg     (101K) 12/15/04    Medieval verjuice. Modern
substitutions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/verjuice-msg.html

You can also find some info on crabapples in these files:
vinegar-msg       (78K) 12/21/04    Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/vinegar-msg.html
Period-Fruit-art  (60K)  1/13/02    "Fruit of Period Times" by Baron
                                        Akim Yaroslavich.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/Period-Fruit-art.html

Stefan
--------