[Sca-cooks] Proper Kitchen Attire

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:57:57 PDT 2005

I know that there are proper medieval analogs to whites and checks, but i'm
not really able to convincingly prove it in written form. I can find
pictoral evidence, no problem, i'm just having a difficult time coming up
with anything to back that up.

So, I pose to you this question: What is the correct attire (generally) for
cooks during the middle ages/renaissance and what documentation do you have
for it (so I can replicate the data, not some big weird authenticity test or
anything)?

I am sure that this has come up before, but i'm having a difficult time
finding solid information.

I thank you all in advance for your answers.

Odriana

-Frank Zappa