[Sca-cooks] Spanish salads?

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 11:25:09 PDT 2005

Greetings again,

I am back with another (possibly futile) request.  I
was HOPING for a make-ahead, or simply toss together
SALAD to serve with the Spanish menu that Im putting
together for the lunch next weekend (GAHHHH ~.~)

Im hoping for something either green and leafy or even
cooked but cooled veggies tossed in something. I have
looked through the 2 english language sources I have
access to and not found anything even close.  Did they
not do anything of the sort?  Am I just spoiled cause
they do have such dishes in the German that I am so
familiar and comfortable with?

The menu (though yet not finalized) should include the
chickpeas for vegetarians, meat and rice dishes for
omnivores, tarts for dessert (perhaps even Genovese)
Not sure if I will have time or energy (or space) for
the carrot tarts, and I was really hoping for
something green but NOT needing roaster space at the
site to round things out.
Can anyone help?

In Service and stress
Gwen ohmygawditsalmostOctober Cat