[Sca-cooks] OT - Picking up the Pieces

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at cablespeed.com
Sun Sep 4 18:08:35 PDT 2005

When we went thru Hurricane Fran in NC, we lost power for 5 days.  Since we
were the only one's with a gas grill with a sideburner, we became everyone's
best friend.  We also didn't want for light at night.  At least we didn't
have to set up camp....

What is it with people buying perishable items when they KNOW the power is
going to go out...

The thing I remember the most was the silence of no compressors, no hum of
the electrical lines.  It was almost spooky.

Vitha