[Sca-cooks] A Challenge to Find a Dish

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 05:11:24 PDT 2005

>For an SCA "family" potluck, find a dish using these guidelines:
>-- The name of the dish must start with the first initial of your first
>name or the first initial of your last name. You cannot use your middle
>name if you have one.
>-- You must use your SCA name.
>-- You must make enough of this dish to feed 20 people.
>Iasmin de Cordoba, kicked out of the nest a few years back OL

Well Done!
What a great idea! I have chosen amidon. Therefore I use the recipe below,

Mistress Andrea MacIntyre,OL, OP

28. And again, flans of almond milk: according to the quantity of flans
which you are making take the quantity of almonds, have them well and
cleanly blanched and washed and then have them very well brayed; and take
very clean fair water and let him strain his almond milk into a bowl or a
cornue which is fair and clean according to the quantity of flans which he
should make. And then take fair amidon and wash it in fair fresh water and
put it in a fair bowl when it is washed; and then take your almond milk and
put it into your moistened amidon, and put in a little saffron to give it
color; and then strain it through a fair strainer into a fair and clean
bowl, and put in a little salt and a great deal of sugar. And when this is
made call your pastry-cook who is making the crusts and let him put them in
the oven a little to harden; and then let the said pastry-cook have a fair
spoon either of wood or of iron attached to a good stick to fill in the oven
the little crusts of the said flans.

*From the very core of our being we desire contentment.  For harmony each
individual's identity must be fully respected.
~ Dalai Lama