[Sca-cooks] A Challenge to Find a Dish

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 7 18:26:53 PDT 2005

U is for Urchonys in Servise  from the Arundel 334
number 86  line number 343
The Arundel 334 is that misidentified manuscript that Warner published
in the
1790's. It's also part of the Household Ordinances collection from 1790.
They numbered it 344.
I have both versions, including the one on microfilm.

Urchonys in Servise
Take the mawe of a grette fwyne, and v. or vi. of pygges mawes, and
fylle hom
fulle of the fame farfe, and fowe hom fafte, and fethe hom a lytel
while, and make
prikkes of pafte, and fry hom, and fet hom in the mawse made aftur, and
yrchon, and
do hom on a fpete, and rofte hom, and endore hom as to fore, and ferve
hit forth.

Substitute the "s" for the long '"f".

Nice dish for a Muslim girl, eh?

Johnnae