[Sca-cooks] Frogs' legs query

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 02:48:44 PDT 2005

Marinate them for half an hour or more in whole milk.  Dredge them in plain flour to which has been added salt, pepper, and cayenne.  Deep fry in enough oil to float them until deep golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.
Don't remember seeing them mentioned in any of my Medieval Cook books, but I think there may be something in Apicius... I'll have to look.

Mordonna
Christina Nevin <cnevin at caci.co.uk> wrote:

I just acquired a kilo of frogs' legs and was wondering if anyone has a good tried and true recipe for them.

Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
Mundanely, Pat Griffin of Millbrook, AL