[Sca-cooks] Re: Boar in Comfit?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:03:21 PDT 2005

>Gunthar mentioned:
> >> Boar in Comfit
>
>Stefan responded:
> >Huh? I thought comfits were sugar coated spices and seeds.

Sigh...yeah, yeah, you try sneaking in an email at work while a
million customers are calling you and you're trying to come up
with a dish that starts with "B".

Besides, you coat the roasted pork in a glaze made with white
wine, honey and ground ginger so it could almost be a comfit.

>I think it's usually "confit" but I'm not looking at the source that
>Gunthar is referring to.

It is. I'm tired. I'm old. I'm brain damaged. Give me a break.

  Dipping the animal over and over, as you suggest,
>would indeed be "boaring".  Perhaps if one "bored" a hole in a "board" for
>the "boar" and used the board to bear the boar to the pot it would be born
>with better bearing.

All right. With all the "Myth" puns and now this I've reached the end of
my endurance. Everyone over here for a brisk spanking from Newt Gingrich.

>Alys K... er, Adamantius again

Yeah, right WE know who you are.

Gunthar
Subsisting on three hours sleep.