[Sca-cooks] Dutch Ovens

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 8 22:10:54 PDT 2005

Mirhimah asked:
> Okay so they're not period (or are they?) but I'm curious how many
> SCAdians use them at camp. I just got one (feeds 5 or 6 people) as
> a gift
> and I wonder if I should even bother curing it in time for faire. :D

My apologies if I already replied to this yesterday, but I can't
remember if I did or not.

I think there is evidence of period use of Dutch oven type pots in
this file in the FOOD-UTENSILS section:
utensils-msg     (200K)  3/26/05    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast
iron pots.

And these files talk about care and where to get them:
iron-pot-care-msg (26K)  3/26/05    Seasoning and caring for iron
pots and
                                        skillets.
iron-pot-srcs-msg  (8K) 11/20/03    Sources for iron pots.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com