[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks Lemons with sugar

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 9 09:43:25 PDT 2005

Also in Dawson which is on the web
The Good Housewife's Jewell by Thomas Dawson 1596 <../00.htm>

To make a Sallet of Lemmons

Cut out slices of the peele of the Lemmons long waies, a quarter of an
inche one peece from an other, and then slice the Lemmon very thinne and
lay him in a dish crosse, and the peeles about the Lemmons, and scrape a
good deale of suger upon them, and so serve them.

http://www.harvestfields.ca/CookBooks/003/07/01/107.htm

Johnnae

Cat . wrote:Greetings Stefan,