[Sca-cooks] Re: foods not eaten...or shouldn't be

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Sat Sep 10 09:47:10 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Hendershott" <crimlaw at jeffnet.org>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: foods not eaten...or shouldn't be

> remember the marshmallows on sweet potato stuff too.  (parents from small
> town Iowa, must be a Midwestern thing)
> Simon Sinneghe
> Briaroak, Summits, An Tir
>
> Snip

I vaguely remember the sweet potato casserole, though it was never my
favorite thing. (Now, my mom's cornbread and sausage stuffing--THAT was the
best part of the meal!) I like to make my sweet potatoes mashed, with a
little butter, a little milk, and a little pure maple syrup, with nutmeg and
cloves..'

Or sliced, drizzled with olive oil, and baked. Mmmmmm

Laurensa