[Sca-cooks] Lemon Relish, was Silver Spoon - Mists Fall Coronet

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:14:59 PDT 2005

> Stefan wrote:
> >Gunthar suggested:
> >  > I hope someone does the thin sliced lemons with sugar!
> >  > Yum!
> >  > And refreshing.

Greetings,

I would be willing to wager that there is a high probablilty that
Gunthar is referring to the following but Of course, I could be wrong:

Lemmon sallet
>From The Good Huswifes Jewell by Thomas Dawson.Transcribed by Katherine Rowberd.
To make a Sallet of Lemmons - Huswife's Jewel Cut out slices of the
peele of the Lemmons long waies, a quarter of an inche one peece from
an other, and then slice the Lemmon very thinne and lay him in a dish
crosse, and the peeles about the Lemmons, and scrape a good deale of
suger upon them, and so serve them.

I served this salad along side a fish dish. Was it my fault if some of
it ended up on the salmon?  ;)

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva