[Sca-cooks] Re: foods not eaten...or shouldn't be

Irmgart irmgart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:12:28 PDT 2005

oh god... cornbread and sausage dressing with onions and celery... when I'm
longing for the cooler months (like RIGHT NOW!) I'll make it.

2 pkgs cornbread mix, prepared and baked
1 can chicken broth
2 eggs
1/2-1 lb bulk sausage
1 med onion, diced fine
3-4 ribs celery, diced fine

crumble and cook the sausage in a fry pan, remove sausage to drain, leave
some of the grease to sautee the onions and celery in.

Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl, mix in the veggies and sausage,
beat the eggs and chicken broth together, add any spices you want (I often
add garlic, either sauteed with the onions or garlic powder), pour over
cornbread mixture and stir well. Pat out into 9x13 baking dish, bake at 375
for 30-45 min.

My biggest problem is keeping my husband out of the cornbread before I make
the dressing, since the cornbread usually gets made the night before!

It's been on the table at Thanksgiving and Christmas in my Mom's family
since the 50's whether there was turkey, ham, duck or roast beef.

-Irmgart (who now really wants dressing and green bean casserole!)