[Sca-cooks] Books

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 21:36:55 PDT 2005

> The Scotch Whisky book is pretty good.
> I have been debating the Cooking for Crowds for Dummies...
> is an audience going to be insulted if they are told they need
> to read this title?  Does this conevy a lack of confidence in their
> abilities? Anyway free shiping for orders over $40 and you could
> get the one saffron book for free. http://www.ecookbooks.com/
>
> Johnnae
>
> Daniel Phelps wrote:
> > I just got my Jessica's Biscuit Cookbook Catalog.  It lists three
> > books that might be of interest to those on the list:
> >
> > Cooking for Crowds for Dummies
> > Coffee: A Dark History
> > Scotch Whisky: A Liquid History

Thanks for the heads-up on these. I have been getting the Jessica's
Biscuit's flyers and email, but I often don't have time to look
through them to find the food history books. That, and the fact that
they were a threat to my pocketbook, especially when I was unemployed.

The saffron book doesn't appear to be on the "free" list anymore.
This one, right?
"Essential Saffron Companion". So I ended up buying it anyway and got
this one as the free one:
"Catfish and the Delta : Confederate Fish Farming in the Mississippi
Delta"
I wonder how the recent hurricane will effect catfish farming in that
area now, though.

I notice that they also have at least one book on Dutch Oven cooking.
That was a recent subject on this list.

Another one, which I got, which was also talked about here was the
"Basque History of the World". Not a closeout, but...

And this one, "Caviar : The Strange History" might also be of interest.

There's probably more of interest as well. But since they only give
one free book per order, no matter how much you buy, I decided to
stop looking and place a second order later. See, that is why this
site is dangerous to my pocketbook.:-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas