[Sca-cooks] Indian food questions

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 12:32:22 PDT 2005

Excellent! Thank you, I will definitely get the Indian grocery story book. And thanks, Master A, for the spice translations!

I have had a great time exploring Zubzsi Mandi as it is, this place not only is a huge grocery store, but also holds a CD/video store, a metalware store (pots, pans, statues, brass, tea sets, etc.), a clothing boutique, and a fancy jewelry store with the 24 kt gold wedding jewelry. And they carry the Mysore sandalwood, jasmine, and rose soaps!

I looooove the fact that I can buy the Ashoka or MTR foilpack readymade dishes for $1.50 each. Talk about a cheap lunch! And I can keep them in my desk drawer!

Oh, and I have become addicted to goad gathiya, the chickpea flour snack sticks. Very tasty!

And it's also been nice to find out that I have a place where I can cheaply buy dried beans in bulk for our shire's November SCA event.

Gianotta